We hope you and your families are managing to keep well and safe in these uncertain times.
At Tavistock House, we are getting everything in place for a safe an sustainable reopening.
When are we reopening?
Our plan is to reopen the practice in mid-June -unless we are advised otherwise by the CDO (Chief Dental Officer) and PHE (Public Health England).
Will we be carrying out all treatments?
Our priority will be to get any of our patients who have had or are having problems with their teeth seen as soon as possible, along with any patients with unfinished treatment from before the pandemic lockdown. We hope to phase in routine check-ups and other “non-urgent” treatments once we have managed these cases.
What are we doing differently?
We have always taken infection control very seriously at Tavistock House. The recent pandemic has meant that we have had to adapt to the current situation and create new protocols to keep our patients and staff safe. For example;
- There will be a new “one way” pathway through the practice and we have changed our facilities to allow you to maintain the recommended “social distancing”
- We will be checking the temperature of all staff members and patients entering the building
- We are investing in screens and new equipment and devices to minimise the risk of viral transmission between patients and staff
- We will be dressed differently as our PPE has had an upgrade
- Treatment appointments will be longer than usual, to allow us to thoroughly air through and disinfect each surgery between patients
- We will be seeing fewer patients each day and staff will be redistributed within the practice in a new role to keep you safe
What will you need to do differently?
- We ask that you attend 5 minutes early in order for us to check your temperature and run through a few health questions
- If you are of have recently been demonstrating symptoms of COVID-19, you will need to self-isolate and we will rebook your appointment
- We politely request that you attend alone (unless you need a chaperone); for children under 16, please attend with 1 parent only (& no siblings!)
Will you be able to book a check-up?
- Once we have seen our patients needing urgent treatment, we will be taking bookings for check-ups
Will you be able to book a hygienist appointment?
- We are allocating additional hygienist sessions to ensure that everyone who wants an appointment will have a better chance of being seen sooner
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking keep you, as a patient, safe.
As always, thank you for allowing us to continue to look after your dental needs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
The Team at Tavistock House